NAV Pilot 700 & Yanmar VC10

D

dolgovvad

I am mounting NAVPilot 700 on vessel which controlled by Yanmar EVC system v6.00.
Connection beetween AP and VC10 was realised via IF-NMEA2K2 converter
(software v.1.09:1.01) to FAP-7002 PORT2(TB7). ID for AP also mounted. Heading sensor PG-700 connected to FAP-7002 CAN bus port(TB11).

After Power On AP testing system and everything is OK except EVC Backup test("NG" is here)
1.jpg

and control panel give a message "EVC Startup test was failed".
2.jpg

Diagnostic windows of processor unit, control unit and EVC interface is OK.
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

AP alarm log contains message 1801 that means "Communication error between the processor unit and IPS interface unit or NMEA data converter. Check the
connection with IPS interface unit or NMEA data converter".

Connection was remounted for 3 times.

Also in Yanmar EVC network devices list Autopilot key and Autopilot have no network adresses.

6.jpg

AP staying in OVERRIDE mode and EVC doesn't release rudder control.

Have anyone some ideas about it and help me?

I don't know a lot about the Yanmar but I know they require some sort of "key" be purchased to allow an autopilot to work. Do you have the Yanmar key on the NMEA 2000 bus?

Asking Japan about your question, it seem that this test is normal to fail if you use an older Furuno IF-NMEA2k2 converter. Even if upgraded to the newer software the converter does not have what is needed to show a good test. Although it say NG, they said the operations should work fine. For the test to pass, you would require an IF-NMEA2k2 that came from factory with 1.07 or newer software. Older units prior to this time will not pass the startup test even if upgraded but will function correctly otherwise. Hopefully that makes sense.

Johnny Electron":29q8e0go said:
Do you have the Yanmar key on the NMEA 2000 bus?

Yes, of course. Yanmar ID key was installed.

Johnny Electron":29q8e0go said:
For the test to pass, you would require an IF-NMEA2k2 that came from factory with 1.07 or newer software.

Converter came to us with 1.09 software, you can see on one of photos("EVC diagnostic") in post. That was approved on Garmin Chartplotter and Furuno MFD via NMEA2000, and via RS-232 interface of converter.

Once, autopilot gets rudder position from EVC(startup test also was failed), but after switching off release communication with Yanmar.

Back