Using Navigator Outside USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquabelle

Furuno Super Fan
I'd like to use Navigator with east Australian charts, for the purposes of route planning at home (not as a second navstation with radar control, etc). I'm confused about how to do this: some sources say I should be able to just take my SD card with the charts I've already paid for from my NN3D system and insert this into the SD card-reader slot on my home PC and use a 'linking code' on the MaxSea website to get access to the charts. Others are saying I need to buy a second copy of the charts just for use at home. Apart from the additional cost, I don't know how I'd then get the routes/points developed at home onto the NN3D system on the boat.

Advice please?

thanks in advance

aquabelle
MaxSea TZ Navigator is sold as a standalone PC software package and not intended to network with the NN3D system (although it will pull basic NMEA data from the network). The MaxSea TZ Explorer package is designed specifically to network with the NN3D system. MaxSea TZ Explorer has a cross license agreement so that charts purchased for the boat’s NN3D system, also get unlock codes for TZ Explorer. TZ Navigator does not include this feature. For NN3D customers, normally MaxSea TZ Explorer is the preferred software package. When networked with the NN3D; the TZ Explorer software can see and control the UHD radar, act as a network chart server and has a cross license agreement; allowing charts purchased for the NN3D system to be used on TZ Explorer. (Aka “LINKED”) These are just a few reasons why the TZ Explorer package costs more than Navigator. The TZ Navigator package will only use charts that are unlocked (free) or the ones which have been purchased/licensed specifically for it. Regardless of which package you have, (normally) you can export the points and routes from TZ to the NN3D via SD memory. At this time, the current version (1.9.6) has an issue with exporting the points/routes. This “issue” should be fixed in the next update. TZ Explorer can also transfer points and routes via the NN3D network. If you purchased TZ Navigator without knowing the advantages of TZ Explorer (or before you purchased your NN3D system etc..), you can always upgrade the software with your dealer. The upgrade price (Navigator to Explorer) is normally the retail cost difference between the two packages. You would have to contact your dealer for specific pricing.
Johnny

Johnny: OK, I've gone ahead and purchased the upgrade from Navigator to Explorer. I have the SD card from my MFD12 inserted into the card reader on my home PC and I've coped the Vector charts to the Dowloaded Charts section of 'My MaxSea'. When I open these with Explorer, I'm asked for an Unlock code. When I use the NN3D unlock code it gets rejected...so I guess I need that special 'linked' unlock code: could you tell me how I get this please?

tks
aquabelle

aquabelle
The unlock codes used by MaxSea are not the same ones used by your NN3D. We need to have your licenses (SI & T0) "Linked" together. Once linked; you will get a set of codes for your TZ, for the same areas which you have licensed on your NN3D. If you PM me your system ID from your NN3D and your T0 serial#, I will link them together and send you the unlock codes for your TZ. After the two are linked; any future charts purchased will come with both unlock codes. It only takes a few minutes to link the licenses in our system. If you PM me the info, I will get you the unlock codes as soon as we open the office in the AM.
Johnny

I have a related question; when I look in "My MaxSea" I see linked codes, i.e. also the NavNet3D code.

Does it matter if I order extra charts from MaxSea or from Furuno to get both unlock codes?

thanks,
Nick.

Nick,
If your systems (NN3D & TZ Explorer) are linked, it wont matter if the charts are purchased from MaxSea or Furuno; you will get unlock codes for both systems. C-map by Jeppesen charts can also be purchased from Jeppesen dealers for your NN3D system. This would also result in getting both codes. It gives you some shopping options.
Johnny

I've been away for a bit (a year :D ) but am back now and just completed this. Got both codes and all works well, tnx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back