Not enough memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I'm trying to run MaxSea Explorer and getting an error at application launch time saying it wants more memory. It's the only application running, so it already has it all. My system has 1GB of main memory. Interestingly, if I launch in Planning mode it works fine, but if I launch in Navigation mode it gives this error.

Any thoughts?

Also, I don't know how to tell how much memory my video system has. It's buried in my Lenovo T42 laptop.

Thanks

twistedtree,
The requirements for TZ Explorer are greater than required for TZ Navigator. You are running TZ explorer. Below are the requirements:

■Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
■2 GHz Processor (Intel Core2Duo highly recommended)
■CD/DVD-ROM drive for installing software and charts
■20 GB of hard drive space for software (up to 5 GB for charts)
■Video card(WDDM driver, Pixel Shader 2.0, 32 Bits/pixel)
■Minimum: Dedicated ATI or NVIDIA card with 256 MB RAM
■Recommended: Dedicated ATI or NVIDIA card with 512 MB RAM
■Integrated Chipsets are not supported
■Screen Settings: 1024 x 768, 16 Bit (32 Bit recommended)
■Serial or USB port(s) for connecting navigation equipment (Adapter required for USB connection)
■Ethernet 10/100 Base-T for NavNet 3D connection
■2 GB RAM

As you can see 2GB of system memory are required for TZ Explorer. When it comes to checking your video ram memory; I recommend using "DXDIAG". Using XP you and hit your start button and click on RUN and input DXDIAG to bring up the program. It will tell you a lot about your system. In Windows 7 you can just hit start and enter DXDIAG in the search box and then click on the DXDIAG result to run it. DXDIAG is a direct X program and I find it very helpful when checking on the specs of a machine. There are other ways to go about getting your video ram info, but this is just one method.

Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back