TZT charts matching new TZiBoat charts

gtstang462002

Furuno Super Fan
I know that Furuno has a policy of not commenting on unreleased products. However, TZiBoat(on the iPad) just released an update with some very high-resolution bathymetry that is extremely impressive(if you have not played with them yet, I would highly recommend it). Are there any plans to bring these charts to the TZT3 displays? To me, charts are the only weak point of the TZT system for fishing purposes.

If this is currently not in the plans, I would like to request it as a possible future upgrade.

Was going to ask the same question. The mapping is in serious need of modernization. I think just about everyone has better mapping than you can get on the TZT.
Also, no Android version? No way I'm purchasing an Apple product.

Correct, we don't comment on future products prior to official dealer notifications etc. I have heard they are working on new charts but not not when and if they are coming to the NavNet products. The video release I saw on iBoat charts is pretty nice. I have my fingers crossed.

The TZ iBoat charts are much, much nicer. Not sure how they compare with other stuff that's out there. But...even though I don't have the dff3d on my boat but do have a lot of experience commercially with WASSP the charting won't compete with doing your own. Somehow I gotta figure how to fit the dff3d transducer on my boat.

I know that Furuno has a policy of not commenting on unreleased products. However, TZiBoat(on the iPad) just released an update with some very high-resolution bathymetry that is extremely impressive(if you have not played with them yet, I would highly recommend it). Are there any plans to bring these charts to the TZT3 displays? To me, charts are the only weak point of the TZT system for fishing purposes.

If this is currently not in the plans, I would like to request it as a possible future upgrade.
After spending several hours with the new TZ iBoat app, I came away feeling like the next iteration would be for them to incorporate the publically available relief shading data that is on the Navionics, CMAP, Strikelines & CMOR charts. Playing with the new app just feels like it is ready for that stuff as the next stage. I mean, the data is free from the US Govt (well, already paid for by us tax payors), so why not include it and be competitive? I have a hunch that the next TZT3 update will incorporate these new charts. It would absolutely be crazy to have to run Furuno software on an Ipad next to your TZT3 because the app has better charts. My guess is eventually, the app and the TZT will also have auto-routing as well. Just my 2 cents.

Then again, they may just leave the relief shading and auto-routing up to the new CMAPS version, Reveal X, that CMAP dropped for the Simrad NSX, since with the new iBoat maps, no one would buy the CMAP in its current form as available for the TZT today.

Things are even more complicated as now CMAP is owned by Brunswick, which owns Simrad, and Garmin owns Navionics, so maybe Furuno does want to insulate themselves from the debacle that happened with Navionics in the last year from ever happening again. Where is that going to put Raymarine if all these parent companies get stingy with their cartography?

Last edited:
Back