TZT 9" Display Spot

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
Last time out I noticed a spot on the display (see picture) that's just above the scale number on the lower left. This spot only appeared in the chart and was not there in other screens. But it did return each time the chart was displayed and the spot is in the same position regardless of panning or scaling. Any idea on what's happening?

TZT9_ScreenSpotS.jpg

So when you go to full screen sounder or radar, the spot is not there? What happens when you go to full screen plotter?

What happens when you slide out the data box, is the spot still there?

If the background is light you might not notice but I think it must be there all the time. It looks like a hot spot with the LCD. This can happen if you have unequal pressure on the one side/corner that changes the pressure between the glass and the LCD or it might be an issue with the LCD panel. You might check the mounting hardware on that one side isn't cranked down harder than the other.

kicker - I'll try all that you suggested and report back

Johnny - I'll check the tightness on that corner relative to the others and report back

If this is a hot spot caused by the tension on the corner, will it go away when I loosen that corner?

Yes but it can take some time (few hours) to disappear. If it doesn't then the LCD panel most likely has an issue.

So I've loosened the bracket at the corner with the spot. It was not tight at all, just barely finger tight but I went ahead and loosened it a bit more, maybe 1/8 turn. This I did about a week ago.

I turned everything on in the garage today to test it and the spot is not apparent in black backgrounds but it seems to be there in all the different screens where the background is not black. I switched the sounder daytime color to blue and the spot is there. It's possible that it's a bit less of a spot that the original picture but hard to tell.

So is my only option to just wait and see what happens? Maybe it won't change or get worse. And if it does, hopefully it will take a year and the TZT3 9" will be out by then.

Back