TZ Touch and DST800

jeminwy

I stopped receiving my DST 800 data. I checked then sensor/transducer and I cleaned. Appears to be ok. How can I check up the setup on the system as well as determine if data is being sent.

Jerry. At anchor waiting in Grenada.

If you press Home - Menu/Settings - Initial Settings - Sensor List, do you see anything listed under CanBus Sensors?
It should show all sensors on the NMEA2000 network. If other sensors show up, just not the DST, then the DST could have failed or have a bad connection. If nothing shows up then it's likely the power to the NMEA2000 network or the NMEA2000 connection to the TZT.
The above is step one.

Other sensors show but just not the DST. I guess I will trace the connection. Is there a way to use a multimeter to check the cable for power? I would think a couple of pins would be power.

jeminwy":279tzkfr said:
Other sensors show but just not the DST. I guess I will trace the connection. Is there a way to use a multimeter to check the cable for power? I would think a couple of pins would be power.

With the notch at the top looking at the connector, there should be 12V across the two pins on the left. Test at the end of the drop cable that connects to the DST800. If you have another cable available, you could also just try bypassing the existing drop and connecting the DST to the network temporarily through another drop cable and seeing if it shows up on the sensor list.

Also if it is transmitting, there should be a faint but audible clicking from the DST800 transducer. It might be a good idea to pull it out of the through hull and install the blanking plug so you can more easily hear it. I would try that first because if it is clicking, you know there is power.

Back