RezBoost

Inconceivable

Hi,

I just watched the YouTube on Radar with John and Clayton. Two questions about RezBoost. Is it on all solid state radars (I ordered a DRS25A-NXT) or just the dome? And why wouldn't you leave it set to Max at all times? There must be some tradeoff, no?

Thanks for these series, they are very helpful. Is there a way to see when the next one is going Live? I subscribe to the YouTube channel so I see it in my feed, but would love to get a heads up.

Thanks!

Rezboost is included in the DRS25ANXT. There's no "trade-off" for RezBoost, rather it's a post-processing technique similar to maybe digital zoom on most modern digital cameras.

RezBoost for open arrays make very little difference when changing the settings because they already have good eyesight. It makes a big difference on domes like the DRS4D-NXT. Thanks for watching the live events. One day I might make a guest appearance...maybe :)

Johnny Electron":1c7a1bm3 said:
RezBoost for open arrays make very little difference when changing the settings because they already have good eyesight. It makes a big difference on domes like the DRS4D-NXT. Thanks for watching the live events. One day I might make a guest appearance...maybe :)

That is good to know. I spent some time trying out different Rezboost settings with my DRS25A with 1.8m array and was not seeing much difference in the display, unlike a setting such as echo averaging which is immediately noticeable.

Do you think it is better to just turn off Rezboost on the open arrays?

Quitsa":czvg9ho4 said:
That is good to know. I spent some time trying out different Rezboost settings with my DRS25A with 1.8m array and was not seeing much difference in the display, unlike a setting such as echo averaging which is immediately noticeable.

Do you think it is better to just turn off Rezboost on the open arrays?

Quitsa, I have the same observations as you. But I am loving the DRS25ANXT/6 unit. Picking out birds on the water ~4 miles away even in the Chesapeake bay when the guy next to me having a "brand A" setup couldn't see them is getting a few folks thinking about spending some money on the Furuno equipment. :furuno

Having it on or off is user preference but I find it doesn't make a big difference like it does with domes. Having it on shouldn't hurt anything. Too much enhancement can make it look more digital than I care for sometimes so I normally leave it off when using the open arrays. That is just my preference but doesn't mean that it is correct for everyone.

Back