Restore System After (erroneous) Engineer & Factory Reset

SailorBruce

Not sure why I did it. Wish that I hadn’t. I blame it on the alcohol....

We had weird issues with data elements not showing up on different parts of the bus. Primarily with the Simrad autopilot display, but also with the DRS4, but for some reason I thought “starting over’ would be a good way to proceed. Wrong.

I have now gotten everything back to where we were. The DRS4 attached to the network still just doesn’t seem to resolve anything. After 30-60 seconds, all of the MFD12 displays warn of a “Tuning Error”.

Before I climb up to the top of the radar arch to remove the unit and send it in for repair, is there any other software config that I need to do? I’m looking for an installer’s commissioning guide or something of that ilk.

Thanks as always!
Bruce

You can try the radar hardware default that should be located under the SYSTEM icon and the DRS tab. If that doesn't work, I would recommend a bypass cable to try between the radar and the system. I might be the older DRS4D needs to visit the service center but sometimes this error can be reset or be caused by a bad connection of the RJ45 running to the radar.

Back