Questions Re: catalogue.zic file

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
Okay, I've just installed the latest Cmap charts, the $250 version for West Coast ($125 for my upgrade) and the $100 Cmap fishing charts that were no cost with the upgrade. Per the instructions I also loaded the newest 'catalogue.zic' file on the SD card for each MFD (TZT and TZT2).

Got the charts unlocked and working but now I'd like to clean up all the missing file messages. I only have map files on the SD cards that I use and the rest are deleted so the machines don't spend time reading unnecessary files. It's worked flawlessly for me so far.

I'm assuming the new 'catalogue.zic' file has all of the map files listed, hence the MFDs are showing them as missing in the catalog lists. Can I select each missing file and then select delete to clean up the catalogue.zic file?

I'm asking before trying because the way the 'delete' button is displayed, it's on top of the installed map file that I want to keep. Intuitively, it seems like selecting delete will remove the only file I want to keep.

Can I select each missing file and then select delete to clean up the catalogue.zic file?
No the catalog is just a full list of what the most current charts are available and not the charts. As you noticed it will let you know if you don't have the most current or missing a chart. It isn't a problem, just a notice so you are aware what is current, loaded, and missing. You can not individually delete items from the catalog file. Glad to hear you got your charts.

Thanks for the info Johnny. So it sounds like if you have the latest cataloug.zic file it will let you know if a map file is out of date. I should have taken a screen shot yesterday, would be helpful in discussing this.

In catalog view, how does it let me know if an installed map file is not current?

Back