Pocket/flush mount preformance

Pthein

Furuno Super Fan
I currently have a fairing block mounted B260 on my Cabo 35’. The preformance is great at all speed and I am considering removing that (installing an HT200 in that location), and having the 165T/B275LHW installed flush in the keel line.

Install quality aside (we can deal with finding the best experienced installer later) and speaking preformance wise how does the pocket mount transducer preform at various speeds? Can I reasonably expect clean preformance on a good install at cruise? Or am I better doing separate B275LHW in a fairing block at the current location and a 165T along the keel in a fairing block etc?

Price wise considering the expense of fiberglass work I don’t.t expect any significant price differences in a twin transducer install vs the combo transducer.

Thanks

Phil

Pthein,
As you have experienced, getting a smooth flow of water over a transducer is the key to good performance. Normally transducers that use fairing blocks are better in getting the face of transducer down below a hulls boundary layer. However if you can find a skilled fiberglass person who can craft a pocket mount in the bottom of the hulls "VEE" it probably will work just as well.

Snips

Back