NXT radar tracking question

hori

Furuno Fan
I asked a question previous and should have specified DRS4d NXT and TZ3T. I am looking to upgrade my older furuno radar with the aforementioned. When a target (un named vessel) appears on the radar, can you track and record it`s movement like you can with an AIS targets as long as you are in range of the radar? cheers

I asked a question previous and should have specified DRS4d NXT and TZ3T. I am looking to upgrade my older furuno radar with the aforementioned. When a target (un named vessel) appears on the radar, can you track and record it`s movement like you can with an AIS targets as long as you are in range of the radar? cheers
Yes, it will come up with a target ID number. You can select the Target and rename it. As long as that target stays in range, you can track it on your plotter.

Greetings Hori, when you say "tracking" do you mean after acquiring a target the MFD automatically places a track line relative to that Target ID on the MFD plotter? If so, unfortunately no, you cannot designate an ARPA target id and "record it's movement" in some type of track line for later evaluation. You could experiment with setting radar "echo trails" to "continuous" in your radar settings. This may create a busy radar PPI, but it may also be useful as a tool to keep tabs on the movements of an acquired ARPA target.

Hope this helps,

- Maggy

Back