No rudder indicator from 711C to a TZT

backman

Furuno Fan
Today’s anomaly.

My 711C autopilot is setup and operating correctly and indicate# rudder position corr3ctly on the 711C but I get a “blank” on the TZT rudder indicator.

Photo of 711C and TZT to show the discrepancy. I’ve RTFM for the 711C and can’t find how I verify it is putting the rudder indicator command out onto the NMEA200 network correctly.

Rudder indicator correct on 711C:D4A3F319-F15F-4702-994F-FB3DEADB8800.jpeg

And not showing up in TZT sensor list:

Attachments

• B0D9EF00-AA9F-486F-B6B3-FDFEAA98564D.jpeg
    B0D9EF00-AA9F-486F-B6B3-FDFEAA98564D.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 222
What do you see when you go to the "CANbus setup" page submenu under system setting for "Select Output PGN"? 12745 is the rudder data and should be turned on so the NAVPilot transmit that data over the NMEA 2000 network.

Maybe you should run over to Menemsha. Hope this helps.

NAVPILOT Operator Manual.jpgI found that manual section that describes this setting. The next page describes the output PGN setting, which is what you need to check.

Sorry for being obtuse but I’ve been sitting at the autopilot for an hour trying to get to the installation menu so I can then go to the canbus menu.

When I long push setup I get
Sensor in use
Brilliance
Etc.
Etc.

But can’t seem to either figure out from playing or th3 manual how to get back to the installation menu now that the 711C is setup.

backman":3ognjrgi said:
Sorry for being obtuse but I’ve been sitting at the autopilot for an hour trying to get to the installation menu so I can then go to the canbus menu.

When I long push setup I get
Sensor in use
Brilliance
Etc.
Etc.

But can’t seem to either figure out from playing or th3 manual how to get back to the installation menu now that the 711C is setup.

I don't have my boat yet to check on my 711C. Probably time for you to get on the phone with the Furuno support guys and let them walk you through the menu to find the output settings.

Just searched for how to access the installation menu yesterday and found a post a few years back with the info.

Press and hold the menu button (with the gears) and click the wheel 3 times. It's in the manual, just an obscure reference (if you ask me).

C2A48C52-587F-41B7-AC55-5516DE47A6B1.jpegThank you all very much. Sometimes it’s takes a village!

I clicked my heels 3 times and while I’m not in Kansas, look - I know have my rudder indicator where I want it!!!

Great!!

What engines do you have? If Diesel, how did you interface them onto the N2K network?

I have a pair of C12's in my 43FB and am thinking about going with the Yacht Devices YDEG-04 interfaces.

Isn’t that page orgasmic?

You should see it when the engine is on!

I have a Cummins QSM 670 and one small part of the install was a Mercury NMEA 2000 gateway module for $5005 that connects my engine backbone to the Furuno one.

Glad it worked out. You know you can customize the warning range for the engine gauges for oil pressure, engine temperature, and so on? Yours don’t look like the red area is right for the Diesel engine.

Go to “Initial Settings”/instrument/Propulsion and you can set the red zones and rpm range to the appropriate values.

Back