Networking fish finder

Need help to figure out if possible to network my transducer to new screens

Electronics I have on my boat

Tower: TZT

Helm: 2 TZT2, CH270, FCV 1100

Transducer: In Hull transducers ( bought in 2005, will have to get this info)

Before putting in these new screens I had an older northstar unit I believe that allowed me to have a fish finder in the tower. Since replacing these with newer units I lost this function since everything went to NMEA cables.

To find out depth or use my CH270 I have to be in the helm.

Without buying the newer FCV 1150 since my stuff is still great stuff, what are my options to get fathometer to my TZT in the tower?

Can I get a black box unit and have transducers go to it, then feed this to the FCV 1100 and to my TZT screens?

Any suggestions to get some of this up into my tower?

Calpolygeno,
The TZT2 sounder is outputted on the network port not the NMEA 2000. So if you connect the TZT to one TZT2 (or both if you have a Hub) you will be able to see the sounder in the tower. If you connect both TZT2's to the TZT I would recommend that you rename one the of the TZT2's as they will both have the same nickname in the TZT sounder source menu. The FCV-1100 is a stand alone sounder so you will be unable to remote its display. Hope this information helps.

Snips

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I guess my question is can I have my transducer go to my fvc1100 and split it so it also goes to my tzt2?

I know I can't attach the fcv1100 to it but can I have the transducer go to both so I can then see depth on my tzt2 which will link to my tower tzt?

It turns out the transducer is an airmar and actually looks to be a thru-hull.

Calpolygeno,
First, you can't have one transducer going to two sounders at the same time.

You can have one transducer run through a toggle switch between two sounders. However the TZT2 uses a diplexed (2 wire) transducer and the FCV-1100 uses a non-diplexed transducers. Basically the TZT2 is a 2 wire machine and the FCV-1100 uses four wires. Also the internal TZT2 sounder is only 50/200Khz where the FCV-1100 can be from 15-200Khz. But lets assume that you have 1kw 50 & 200Khz transducers connected to the 1100. If you wanted to (and are good at wiring) you could run the TZT2 transducer output into the MB-1100 which will split the combined 2 wire (50/200Khz) into separate 4 wire outputs (2 wires for 200Khz and 2 wires for 50Khz). You could then take all four of the wires into one toggle switch to switch both transducers between machines. However if you don't have a network cable up to your TZT in the tower you still won't be able view the sounder from that location.

Snips

Back