Nav pilot 300

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
Would there be any issues usung the 300 pilot on a 40' inboard diesel sportfish? I realize I would need the rudder reference . I just need a simple pilot and I think the remote would be useful at the helm in the tower. I already have 2 TZT2 units and will probably be adding another in the tower over the winter.
Thanks

As long as the pump needed for your steering system falls within the size limits of the Navpilot 300, it would be a great option for you. Keep in mind that the Navpilot 300 will only control reversible pumps up to a certain size or linear actuators units which do not require clutch or solenoid controls.

If you are reusing an old pump make sure it worked well with your steering system before the upgrade. Replacing the pilot won't fix an improperly rated pump or steering system. The Type 2 is roughly for 14-25 cubic inch of cylinder support. You might look at your steering system and add all your cylinder cubic inch values together. It should be roughly about 14 to 25 cubic inch total if you are using a type 2. As long as it is properly rated, working and the steering system is good; sounds like you are ready to rock and roll.

The old system works great but I am looking to have more pilot control on my displays. Thanks for the help. I think I see a new Nav 300 in my future. :D
:furuno

Back