nav 300 pilot control unit problem

raulsueca

Hello, I have the nav 300 pilot and for a few days when I activate it on a route, a message appears on the screen.
COMMUNICATION ERROR BETWEEN THE CONTROL UNIT AND THE PROCESSING UNIT, then it communicates and connects again by itself, but with the problem of losing its way.
A DEVIATION ALERT message also usually comes out and it loses its way,
say that I have a compas scx20 connected and also with all firmware updated to the latest version

How many control heads are you running? The Navpilot 300 communicates by NMEA 2000 and the communications are being broken, it sounds like the NMEA 2000 bus has an issue.

raulsueca":24k1we6t said:
Hello, I have the nav 300 pilot and for a few days when I activate it on a route, a message appears on the screen.
COMMUNICATION ERROR BETWEEN THE CONTROL UNIT AND THE PROCESSING UNIT, then it communicates and connects again by itself, but with the problem of losing its way.
A DEVIATION ALERT message also usually comes out and it loses its way,
say that I have a compas scx20 connected and also with all firmware updated to the latest version

Try this...

On the NAVPILOT 300 controller.

1. Press and Hold the Wrench Icon Button and tap "STBY" three times to enter the Installation Menu.
2. Scroll down to "NMEA2000" than ">> button" to enter the menu
3. Press ">> button" again to enter the "Device List"
4. Review the list... Is your TZTouch MFD, GPS, or Heading Sensor (Compass) listed? If not, you need to fix your NMEA2000 network until you can view all the NMEA2000 devices on this list.

- Check to make sure your NMEA2000 backbone has two terminators,
- Check that it has DC Power

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back