Is a Airmar B285HW fully compatible with TLTZ2 and DFF1-UHD

Trepang

Will I get ALL the features of a TZTL2 12" MFD if I use a Airmar B285HW transducer with a DFF1-UHD?

Specifically will the RezBoost, advanced bottom discrimination and Accu-Fish functions work with the Airmar B285HW transducer?

Thanks

Good morning Trepang,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You will not get all the features the DFF1-UHD and TZT2 units provide by using the B285HW transducer.

Specifically the features you describe below: Bottom Discrimination and Accu-Fish, require a transducer that are dual frequency, meaning they have a high and a low frequency. The B285HW is just a high frequency transducer with no low frequency.

Bottom Discrimination and Accu-Fish require the frequencies to have different beam angles as well. So transducers that have a "Wide" high frequency beam angle will not work.

If you go to Furuno USA, search for DFF1-UHD, you will find a list of transducers that are compatible with Bottom-Discrimination and Accu-Fish.

I posted a link below for your reference.

https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/s...tallation/transducer_compatibility_matrix.pdf

RezBoost is a feature that is used to enhance the resolution of a standard CW transmission pulse. Because the UHD uses a chirp pulse this feature is not really relevant.

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

Trepang,

Thank you for the follow up. Please be aware the B45 transducer is not compatible with the DFF1-UHD Chirp sounder module.

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

It is my understanding that I can buy a 10 pin B45 and plug it straight into the back of a TZTL2 12" with no need for any additional black box. Is that not the case?

It is also my understanding that I will have ALL the functionality (RezBoost, Advanced bottom discrimination and Accu-Fish) with a B45 transducer. Is that correct?

Is there any advantage to adding a BBDS1 black box? What features does it add - I was under the impression that the "all new bottom discrimination function, as well as the FDF (Furuno Digital Filter)" came with a new NavNet TZtouch2?

I really appreciate your help - I never expected updating my meter would get so complicated. lol

Good evening Trepang,

Thank you for the followup.

1.) Yes, the B45 transducer, Furuno Part # 525TBSD, is compatible with the internal sounder for the TZT2 MFD.

2.) Furuno Part # 525T-BSD is compatible for the following features: Accu-Fish, RezBoost, Bottom Discrimination.

3.) No, there is really no value to purchase the BBDS1. It does not have any features or functions that don't come with the internal sounder for the TZT2 product.

I just wanted to make sure you understood that the B45 is not compatible with the DFF1-UHD which is the sounder you originally had a question about. Just so you are aware, the DFF1-UHD is a add on chirp sounder module. The TZT2 internal sounder does not have a Chirp transmission pulse. The TZT2 internal sounder is a dual frequency 50/200kHz sounder that uses a CW transmission pulse not a Chirp like the DFF1-UHD.

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

Back