Integrating a modern Axis IP camera like the M2026-LEmk2

Anyone successfully integrate a modern Axis IP camera like the M2026-LE-MkII with their TzTouch2?
https://www.axis.com/en-us/products/axis-m2026-le-mk-ii

I'm working on a 3-camera installation on a yacht, and thus far I just can't get the TzTouch2 units to connect to the cameras' video streams.

The integration guide (https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... edures.pdf) is pretty out of date, talking about about old Axis camera hardware like the M1011 that are long since end-of-life and discontinued by Axis and firmware/settings that no longer look anything like they do today on modern Axis cameras.

These modern Axis cams still support H264, I have them set to the correct IP addresses (172.31.200.3 through 5) , they're PoE powered, and they can stream to a laptop through the same network (web browser or Axis tool) at those IP addresses. As far as I can tell I configured the modern camera settings to the equivalent of what is shown in the integration doc, though there are many more and more complex settings on modern cameras that go beyond and don't quite match what's described in the old pdf.

If nobody in the user community has first-hand experience to make the streaming work ("oh, you just twiddle this setting and wave a rubber chicken like this"), maybe this becomes a request for the fine folks at Furuno to try out a modern Axis camera and firmware with the TzTouch2-3 and maybe freshen the integration guide.

Axis has a ton of models and discontinues and creates new ones faster than we can keep up. Although I haven't tried it, I would expect that if properly configured, that model should work. One of the keys is not to change the password. It must have a login of "root" and a password of "pass". If you change either of these whatsoever it will not work. This is the most common installation mistake when find. The video needs to be setup for 800x600 and other settings as described in the setup document. Although showing the older GUI, the setup settings required are the same. If you can't get it working, the Camas service center would set it up for free so we can test it and add it to our known list. We have recently tested the following newer models and found no problems using them. M5525-E, M3044-V, M3046-v. We also tested the new video servers Q7424-R MKII, M7104, and M7011.

Thanks Johnny. I too have confidence that this can be made to work, especially if the M5525-E is known to work, since that's a similarly modern Axis cam. I also successfully set up the Axis quad video server on this boat already for an older other-brand analog camera installed in the engine room, which is why I thought the M2026-LEmk2 would be easy as well.

Indeed, I saw the "root" and "pass" admin login requirement mentioned in another forum thread where someone finally realized that was the issue with a different model camera, so I have that configured, but no dice. There's myriad compression and streaming settings in the Axis config beyond the ones mentioned in the integration doc and I'm guessing one of them just needs to be set (or not be set) a specific way. Or maybe there's something about the RTSP config.

I'm happy to help y'all get this model on the officially supported list. Should I ship one of the camera units I have down to Camas? Or does someone need to come out to the vessel to set it up in-situ (physical install of 1 cam onboard is done; in Everett, WA)? I could even just buy another one and have it shipped straight to Camas if you'll send the setup instructions and hardware back to me later. I'm happy to help make that happen any way. We can take this part to DM if appropriate for sharing specifics.

Send it to the Service Center to the attention of the service manager.

Furuno Service
Attn: Lantz
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd
Camas WA 98607

Success, re-installed, and working. Thanks. My setup of the camera was spot-on and apparently just worked when plugged-in in Camas. Apparently 6.xx software sometimes requires turning on an analog camera first temporarily to "kick" the video decoders into action, for lack of a better way to phrase it. Supposedly that issue is improved in software 7.x apparently when that software is released.

Can you update the link to that compatibility doc please? Working to integrate a pair of M2035-LE cameras and having issues. Was able to get the previous M2025-LE to work great but I am getting intermittent connection with one camera and no connection with the second. Thanks!

Back