integrated Heading sensor PG-700 serial 6406-5010

Stringer

Hi everyone, I have an Integrated heading sensor PG-700 which is linked to my Furuno autopilot NAVpilot - 700 . I have been using the autopilot / heading sensor for 2 years without any problems but the heading sensor is showing an error reading CANNOT RECEIVE HEADING DATA. Can anyone give me some advice on how to clear this error please - most grateful

Three solid green is the normal/good condition after booting. If you get this error and the lights are still in this condition; I suspect you have a NMEA 2000 bus problem messing up the communications or you have another heading source on your bus and it is setup for the same instance (instance conflict).

OK thanks for that. I am set up for NMEA 0183. But what I dont understand is that the system has been working well for 2 years and all of a sudden I get this error. Should I try and reset the heading sensor? Thanks

You're running strictly NMEA0183, no connection to the NMEA2000 backbone from your autopilot? (PG700 is a NMEA 2000 device)

Yes strictly from NMEA 0183 but perhaps I should experiment with the 2000 settings on my GPS which it is linked to?

So your PG700 is wired directly into the process of the Navpilot and you have GPS data and nav data coming in via NMEA2K?

Couple quick things you can check. Do you have the plug in on the back of the display unit? When you get into the installation menu > system setup > CANBUS setup > device list, do you see the PG700? If you can see it, go to sensor selection > Heading and make sure PG700 is set to your "1st" and change "2nd" and "3rd" to dashes.

OK I have now checked this out and in Device list it is not showing the PG700 heading sensor even though the sensor and the autopilot are connected, what now?

Navpilot 700 Wiring.JPGRun auto detect on the heading sensor in sensor selection. If still nothing, double check your wiring. Above is a sample drawing of how your wiring should be on TB11. Make sure your resistor light is "on" the PG700 and the resistors are installed on ports 4 and 5 of TB11 as shown in the picture.If you have access to a OHM meter, ohm out white and blue and you should get 120 OHMS.

Attachments

• 700 Processor Ports.JPG
    700 Processor Ports.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 965
Hi everyone. I am still having problems with my heading sensor . on the heading sensor when I turn it on, within 2 minutes I have 3 green lights showing on the PG 700 which the book says it is up to speed and all systems are ok but then I turn on the control unit and it does not pick up the heading sensor. Could there be a wiring malfunction - it is all done through CANBUS. Any advice much appreciated

Could there be a wiring malfunction - it is all done through CANBUS. Any advice much appreciated
Yes, the Canbus (aka NMEA 2000) must be correct for items to communicate. I would recommend you start by powering off everything and ohming out the bus lines to see if you get 60 ohms or not.

Back