How to determine software version

eheffa

Sorry, but I searched without success.

How does one determine what version software is installed on their TZT2 MFD? The best I could find was a note under Quick Self-Test that lists the current version as:
1950151-200528

This doesn't relate to version 7.01 etc.

Any help here appreciated.

The MFD says that I should update the software but I have a version that will not complete this over WiFi.

-Evan

The self test you found will show the version but either you got the wrong line or not the entire number. I normally tell people to go to the sensor list (under initial setup) and look at the version number in the center that aligns with the TZT2 unit in question. I also normally ensure any other additional TZT2 units shown have matching software on that same list.

Thank you for these helpful suggestions.

I will go back to the boat in a few days and look under the Sensor List menu as I don't see anything that makes sense under the Quick Self-test menu. See attached screenshot. ( I suspect that I have been running a beta version of 7.01?)

I intend to update to 8.01 but want to be sure I won't lose functionality or communication with my Time Zero Navigator
(V4.1.0.50 -build 4.1.606.0) on the networked Laptop. The last time I updated TZ to V4 in 2020, TZ and the TZT2 MFD (V 6.01) stopped talking to each other and had to ask for the pre-release V 7.0 to restore communications. (I was grateful for the help from Furuno support then but it was a time consuming and frustrating experience to get it all functional again.)

IMG_2516.jpeg

Back