Having trouble with my fish finder not finding fish! Help!

Btk554

Hello,
I have purchased a new to me boat with all Furuno electronics. I just had all the electronics gone through and repaired all issues with them. I believe I have quite the system but no idea how to use it! I have a buddy that goes fishing with me and we have taken his boat and my boat out at the same time on the same location and he is seeing a “big show” and I got nothing. I believe that it’s my lack of knowledge on how to use my system and need education on how to use it. I have always just left my old boat on auto settings, but I tried that on the new boat and still no “show”. I seem to be reading the bottom fine just not seeing bait or fish. I am a beginner so sorry for the lack of knowledge I’m going to have on all this.
Thanks
List of equipment:
3x TZ touch 2 displays 1-15” 2-12”
4” open array radar
DFF-1UHD
DFF-3
DFF-3D
Airmar B175H-W
Airmar B175L
Airmar B54
Airmar R599LH
SCX-20
Autopilot

Hello,
I have purchased a new to me boat with all Furuno electronics. I just had all the electronics gone through and repaired all issues with them. I believe I have quite the system but no idea how to use it! I have a buddy that goes fishing with me and we have taken his boat and my boat out at the same time on the same location and he is seeing a “big show” and I got nothing. I believe that it’s my lack of knowledge on how to use my system and need education on how to use it. I have always just left my old boat on auto settings, but I tried that on the new boat and still no “show”. I seem to be reading the bottom fine just not seeing bait or fish. I am a beginner so sorry for the lack of knowledge I’m going to have on all this.
Thanks
List of equipment:
3x TZ touch 2 displays 1-15” 2-12”
4” open array radar
DFF-1UHD
DFF-3
DFF-3D
Airmar B175H-W
Airmar B175L
Airmar B54
Airmar R599LH
SCX-20
Autopilot
That is a great list of equipment that you have. You may want to go to the FURUNOUSA.com website and look under each of those products. There you will find all of the operators manuals for each of those products. We also have YouTube videos available for many of our products. You can search FURUNO on YouTube and here is a link to many of them on our website: https://furunousa.com/en/get_support/learning_center/videos It looks like you have at least three external sounders that you are using plus one of the internal TZT sounders. You should familiarize yourself with the operators manuals for those products and if you have specific questions you can ask a question here on the forum or contact out technical support team at 410-479-4420 or 360-834-9300

That is a great list of equipment that you have. You may want to go to the FURUNOUSA.com website and look under each of those products. There you will find all of the operators manuals for each of those products. We also have YouTube videos available for many of our products. You can search FURUNO on YouTube and here is a link to many of them on our website: https://furunousa.com/en/get_support/learning_center/videos It looks like you have at least three external sounders that you are using plus one of the internal TZT sounders. You should familiarize yourself with the operators manuals for those products and if you have specific questions you can ask a question here on the forum or contact out technical support team at 410-479-4420 or 360-834-9300
Thank you Kraken I will definitely go check out that info!

If the boat in your avatar photo, that looks like lots of strikes and engines going on there so turbulence might be difficult to avoid. All very nice transducers and equipment (killer system actually) . Hopefully it is all about learning and getting familiar.

Back