GP-1971F Screen Resolution

Purnong

Howdy guys
New member from Australia here
I'm thinking about buying the GP 1971F here and noticed the screen resolution specs being reported differently with some retailers 800x480 and others 1280x720
I understand the higher resolution is for units manufactured after 2022 and I guess I'm asking if there would be any of the older units still sitting on shelves or would Furuno have replaced these by now
Its probably a silly question and I'll call the retailer tomorrow but im just curious
Thanks for any responses
John

Due to very low inventories, I doubt there are too many of the older LCD units in new stock. We have no control or visibility on what dealers may have or how they rotate their stock. If you want to ensure the newer type LCD, check the serial number. I am told it is 1001-6510-0001 and above that is the new type.

Thanks Johnny that's great information
I'll ring them today and ask, would it tell the resolution on the box would you know?

Due to very low inventories, I doubt there are too many of the older LCD units in new stock. We have no control or visibility on what dealers may have or how they rotate their stock. If you want to ensure the newer type LCD, check the serial number. I am told it is 1001-6510-0001 and above that is the new type.
Just as a follow up spoke to the retailer today and he couldn't see anywhere on or in the box what the screen resolution was so he rang Furuno Australia with the serial number and they said it is a 2023 manufacture date so I guess I'm good to go
I think he said the serial number on the unit he had was 1001-6510-0851 or close to it
Thanks again for the info Johnny (y)

Back