Garmin B275HW to TZT3

DeepSouthTX

Furuno Fan
I have a contract on a boat thats outfitted with a Garmin XSV unit and a b275HW (12 pin garmin plug on the end) - If I wanted to swap the head unit over the TZT3 could I use the existing transducer? Hopefully there is a way to cut the plug and bare wire it to the TZT3 via a universal wiring box? Been digging around on the net and cant seem to find an answer. Thank you

Just to be sure, can you provide the Airmar part number off the Mylar cable label? It should be able to be wired up.

Johnny, the boat is currently in a boat yard halfway across the country. I wont have it here for almost 2 weeks. No big hurry. But once I get the boat in hand I will get you the part number. Thank you

As long as that is the only transducer you are trying to put to the TZT3, it should be as simple as wiring up a 10 pin pigtail cable to the transducer (AIR-033-333) then connecting that to the provided 10pin to 12 pin adapter. It shouldn't be a problem.

I will need to check with product development on that transducer because without the DI box, I am not sure non-diplexed transducer are allowed yet. There is talk about it down the road with a Y cable that is being developed with required software changes. Once you get me the Airmar transducer part number it will be helpful to know for sure if possible. There is no problem having the DFF3D along with the internal sounder both in operations. In fact you can have to two active sounders (either internal or external) and the DFF3D.

Back