FI-50 Instrument Connection

lairdafloat

I am installing a NOS instrument package that came with the FI-501 & FI-503 along with the DST800 and FI5001 wind instrument. The terminal box FI5002 was included as well.
I want to know if I can connect the DST800 cable to the FI5002 junction box and from there to the FI-503?
I also want clarification whether I can connect the 5001 wind instrument thru the 5002 junction box? (I was told by tech support today that I could do this but I think I was unclear or...)
If I can't go direct to the 5002 from the 5001 can I insert the IF-NMEA2K2 in line to drop the input to the network and from there to the instrument?
Basically the cables aren't long enough to reach the helm so I am trying to use the junction box to interface the signals.
thanks for the feedback!

The FI5001 is an analog device it must connect to an older FI501 or FI502. For those that don't have either of these, they MUST use the IF-NMEAFI converter to convert the FI5001 analog device into NMEA 2000. Once using NMEA 2000 data, yes it can connect to the bus (in this case the bus sounds like the FI5002 junction box). I know nothing about NOS devices but understand they are very proprietary and I don't think they support NMEA 2000. Yes a DST800 can connect to an FI5002 junction box as long as the LEN values of all connected devices fall within that supported by the box.

Sorry but to clarify, NOS is an acronym for 'New Old Stock' meaning this is just an older set of brand new Furuno equipment.

thanks for the clarifications. I have decided to just pull the wind to the gauge and the DST to the box and from there it will see the network.

Best,
Rob

Back