FCV-620

JCW

My FCV-620 has just all of a sudden lost brightness to its LCD screen. I replaced the screen but that didn't solve the problem I stripped the unit, it appears the CCFL driver circuit is working correctly too. However it appears that the DC voltage supplying the CCFL circuit drops in voltage when ever it is loaded when increasing the brightness.

I also scoped out the two transformers and the waveforms appear very distrorted. Has anyone had this issue before? Is there a circuit diagram for this anywhere? I can post the circuit diagram I have reverse engineered so far.

Just to clarify, the backlight still works and it changes intensity but it is now running at about half the brightness which becomes a pain in daylight.

Thank you for your question. This isn't something typically that can be diagnosed easily here and schematics or circuit diagrams is information that simply is not going to be shared a public forum. I can appreciate your effort in diagnosing the issue, however as you may tell from other threads on similar topics for these types of component level issues, it is best to have one of Furuno's qualified bench technicians at our Service Repair facility in Camas, WA do a service evaluation on it. If they have all the necessary parts to repair it, they will inform you on what the best course of action is.

Hope this helps,

- Maggy

A couple of years ago, I repaired an FCV620 that had a completely white display. (the EKO functions) were fine.
It was a capacitor that had lost its dielectric. Corroded a track of the circuit. Replaced the capacitor and repaired the track and it went back to ok.
Now I'm dealing with a 585 with the same defect, but I think it's not the capacitor. (it was ok)
I'm afraid it will be the LCD.

Back