FCV 295 x R99 transducer

Renato

Hi buddies! I have a R99 ducer in my boat and recently adquire a FCV295 display. I would like to know if the FCV 295 can talk with the R99 ducer?
All the best
Renato

Renato,

Yes, you can use the R99 2kW 50/200khz Transducer with the FCV295.

The correct Tap Settings that you'll need set for the FCV295 for use with the R99 are: Tap-C for the 50kHz, and Tap-B for the 200kHz.

Here is the wiring diagram for the R99 (but do not connect the Orange XID wire):

Attachments

• R99 Wiring.jpg
    R99 Wiring.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 7
Renato,

The correct Tap Settings that you'll need set for the FCV295 for use with the R99 are: Tap-C for the 50kHz, and Tap-B for the 200kHz.

Here is the wiring diagram for the R99 (but do not connect the Orange XID wire):
Thank you very much Deep.
All the best!

Renato,

Hi Deep!
Really appreciate your help!
I looked for the R99 in the FCV295 manual and didn't find it. Will i find it in the display electronic setup or should i use another model?
Finally I'm curious about the performance of this setup, do you believe i can have 100% from the both devices?
All the best,
Renato

Renato,

You will not find any information regarding the R99 in the FCV295 Manual, because it isn't there. You need do the following in order to use the R99 with the FCV295.

Set the unit's Tap Settings on the back of the unit to: Tap Setting "C" for the 50kHz LF side and Tap Setting "B" for the 200kHz HF side.

Then hold down the MENU Button while pressing the Blue Power button on the unit. This will get you to access the XDCR Menu.
1. select XDCR Type for "MANUAL"
2. Then select the ENTER key
3. Then select "Connected"
4. Then select the HF Frequency at "200kHz"
5. Then press the "ENTER" Key

Repeat these same steps for setting the LF Connection and set that frequency at "50kHz" Leave unit's TX Power at "AUTO", and then Press and hold down the Blue Power Button to turn off the power

- Deep Blue ;)

Back