FCV 295 paired with existing TM260

NZFisher

Hi guys, new to site but hope someone can answer this.
Can i connect my existing TM260 transom mounted transducer which i currently have hooked to my Furuno 12" navnet into a FCV295 which i have been given, can i cut the existing plug off which goes into the dff1 and just hard wire the low and high frequency plus temp wires into the 295, ant advice would be much appreciated, thanks

NZFisher,
Your current TM-260 is a Diplexed transducer, meaning it is using only two wires for both 50/200Khz. Both the TZT12F and DFF1 were single channel sounders, they alternated their TX between 50-200-50-200Khz. The FCV-295 has separate HF and LF channels so it requires four wire transducers i.e. non-Diplexed. You still could connect the TM-260 to the FCV-295 if you only wanted one channel to work.

Snips

Thanks for the info Snips, so do i just use the Positive, negative and shield depth wires out of the existing 10 pin and connect into the wago connector, can i change ok between the low and high wago,
cheers

NZFisher,
Using the TM-260 with the DFF1 is a better combination than using it into the FCV-295. If you do decide to try it I would disable one the channels in the transducer set up menu of the 295. The transducer will have a Blue/Black pair, Blue goes to pin 1 and Black to pin 3. The shield wire should go to the metal cable clamp.

Snips

ok thanks, maybe i will be best to find a non diplexed tm260 and leave the existing one, as needs to be transom mounted, thank you for the information

Back