DRS6A radar cable question

Beachman

I have a DRS6A X-Class that i need to move 20" forward on my hard top to give me room for a crow nest. Is there an extension plug i can buy? 3,4,6 foot? or can it be spliced? or do I need to buy new cable full lenght? Thanks.

You can splice it but we wouldn't recommend it. Splicing does lead to some problems if not done correctly. We recommend getting a new full length cable to be able to extend your radar. Do you have a DRS6A, DRS6AX, DRS6ANXT? All of those are X-Band

The label says DRS6A X-Class CE0560. I guess the plan would be to remove the old and measure for the length i need. The Install guild says they come in different lengths. Part CP03-36400 (00) depends on length needed. Is that correct? Thanks

Yes we do have a few different lengths from 5m to 30m that you could use depending on what length you needed. Ill drop a few part numbers for you and the lengths of them :D

001-512-600-00 10m
001-512-620-00 15m
001-512-640-00 20m

hopefully this will help!

I went back and re-read your original post I wanted to clarify a little bit. If you are trying to extend the power cable then you would want to buy a new longer cord and not try to cut it or make it longer. It could cause a lot of problems for you. But if you are wanting to extend your network cable you can totally do that. You would just need to put a coupler on it and you'd be able to extend it how you like. It just cant exceed 300 ft.

Hope this helps

So it seems i will be OK on the power side. The network cable looks like a regular Cat 6 male end. So i can get a female to female coupler - then just buy a 4 foot network cable like you buy at staples or something? Also the power was plug into a DC-DC converter. That's is to take the 12 and turn it into 24 for the radar? Thanks. Learning as you can tell.

No worries! So the whole network cable needs to be a shielded cable with metal ends. You are also correct with the converter it changes the volts from 12v to 24v

Back