DRS25A-NXT ARPA Targets

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
My DRS25A-NXT acquires and tracks on the display many targets that I would rather did not appears. For example, yesterday I noticed that it had target symbols on two large navigation buoys that clearly are not moving. It will also show lots of moving vehicles on roads near shore sometimes if within range.

Are there any adjustments to settings I can try that might reduce the clutter? I can see on the menus that there are ARPA settings but there is also a warning not to change them.

If it is a problem you might want to turn off the advanced tracking and use a guard zone for auto acquire or run manual acquire. I wouldn't recommend changing the ARPA setting because they are setup by default to the best all around performance. About the only people I see modify them are thoses using SDK software to assist in autonomous boating/development.

Thanks. When you say turn off advanced tracking, do you mean the setting for "use Doppler"?

You could turn off "auto aquire by dopplar" :think . This mode uses Doppler to automatically acquire targets within 3nm. I could see this picking up all sorts of things if fishing by a shoreline.

Magnetron":y518iv1q said:
You could turn off "auto aquire by dopplar" :think . This mode uses Doppler to automatically acquire targets within 3nm. I could see this picking up all sorts of things if fishing by a shoreline.

One thing that is not clear to me is what happens when "auto acquire by Doppler" is active. Perhaps you could explain further. Does that cause the system to automatically acquire and display ARPA targets within 3 nm even if a guard zone is not active, which is what the manual seems to say? Does the Doppler target acquisition behave differently than the regular radar signal processing ARPA? Is it more likely to identify and track stationary targets and very small targets?

If you have auto acquire by Doppler turned on, does it make it unnecessary to use guard zones if you are not interested in tracking targets at a range greater than 3 nm?

If you have it ON, you don't need to use the guard zones. It really is the best way to have boat auto acquire while you are boating.

Back