COG Offset totally offset to the port side off the boat.

ghunt

Hi All,
This is the second time using my TZT3 touch with the SCX20.
I had other transducer issues and have sorted them out.
Now to Tackle the COG . Attached are photos off the COG vector showing it totally offset to the port side off the boat.
When travelling in a NE direction and a SE direction. Had a side wind from the east. SCX is mounted on the Port side. 42 cm off center.
I entered a negative value for this offset in the setup instructions. Is it normal to be off set parallel to the boat. (My Hds Live doesn't show this) or have I set something up wrong. Thanks For your help in advance. Cheers

Attachments

• Heading Approx NE.jpg
    Heading Approx NE.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • Heading Approx SE.jpg
    Heading Approx SE.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
Simple test, change the offset to positive? Those install instructions are very confusing.

I assume your HDS is not using the SCX20 or perhaps it doesn’t get the offset.

Thanks Quitsa,
I did try that,
Made no difference on the water at the time though.
Thinking about it afterwards maybe I should have rebooted the SXC20 to load the changed setting
cheers

It looks like the source data in the NavNet isn't setup correctly. Have you ensured that Position, Heading, COG/SOG, MAG Var, and Date/Time ALL are setup for the SCX20? It looks as if one of these items is setup for something else.

Hi Johnny,
Thanks for the response,
Attached is a screenshot of the settings.
Also a video of the same thing only the heading..
It only moves to the side when zooming in as you can see

Sorry for the zip file but the mp4 file is 2.5meg

It appears to only offset when I zoom in. Just before the boat symbol changes to a different shape.
Ghunt

Attachments

• Heading settings.jpg
    Heading settings.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • tzt3 heading offset 2_2.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
I would set the time/date to the SCX20 as well. If the SCX20 is mounted squarely on the boat it seems that the location offsets for the unit were not put in or incorrectly done. Do you have photos of the boat? What have you set for "GPS Position" in the initial setup (under home-settings)? Normally I don't recommend anyone messing with the SCX20 internal settings as these are normally mount and rock and roll. Have you changed any of the SCX20 settings off default?

Hi Johnny,
Did you manage to open the Zip file?
when the boat symbol changes to the longer rectangle shape the Vector is from the center of it (Normal)
Attached are 2 photos (Settings and Scx20 position on boat)
Cheers

Attachments

• Heading settings.jpg
    Heading settings.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • SCX20 2.jpg
    SCX20 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Sorry Forgot to answer all the questions.
I haven't changed any of the internal SCX20 settings.
The Lowrance live uses the Scx20 for everything as well.
It doesn't show the Cog or heading off to the side of the boat.
Greg

looks like I posted a Wrong photo
This is the mount settings page for the sxc

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
I find no glitch on my unit or others. I believe it related that you setup the SCX20 and offset it to the port side of the boat where you mounted it, yet the position of the boat GPS (same unit as it gives your the GPS and heading) has not be offset. I would start by clearing that offset to zero and see what happens or you could try also telling the GPS offset to account the same mount under initial setup at the top (GPS Position Lateral) and see what happens. It is my belief that it is a setting that is tripping it up.

Thankyou Johnny,
I think you might have hit the nail on the head.
I actually had the port offset at 3 meters. (Don't know why). I have set it to 0. The boat's in the shed at the moment.
I intend to use it this weekend. I'll get back to you then.
Cheers

Went fishing over the weekend.
COG and Heading now centered over the boat icon.
Thanks For your help Johnny.
Cheers

Back