Can I get the new XL charts on my TZT3 19"

Cabo92

Furuno Fan
The stock nav charts on my tz3 are extremely basic can I get the XL maps on my unit. If not what can I get that's better ? And how

Hi Cabo92,

As it now stands TZ Maps (what you call XL maps) are only for NavNet TZtouch XL MFDs, Nobeltec TimeZero v5 and iboat app. TZT3 has some excellent charting options depending on the area and what you are looking for. If the focus is fishing bathy, then C-map MM3 offers some really good bathyline charts for most areas for $100 list with large coverage. I normally recommend you don't buy anything until you provide our tech support (or you local support if not in North America) a lat/lon so they can get you some screen captures for that area of the options. C-map gives that bathy licence for free (of the same area when available) if buying a navigation map. Many will buy the Navigation chart and get the two licences (Nav and bathy) so they have more options, even when in US waters. Some areas have CMOR, purchase HO charts and C-map options. Everything is area depend, even with the new TZ Maps for XL.

C-map Bathy line chart example, changes based on range.
1709055595026.png

Hi Cabo92,

As it now stands TZ Maps (what you call XL maps) are only for NavNet TZtouch XL MFDs, Nobeltec TimeZero v5 and iboat app. TZT3 has some excellent charting options depending on the area and what you are looking for. If the focus is fishing bathy, then C-map MM3 offers some really good bathyline charts for most areas for $100 list with large coverage. I normally recommend you don't buy anything until you provide our tech support (or you local support if not in North America) a lat/lon so they can get you some screen captures for that area of the options. C-map gives that bathy licence for free (of the same area when available) if buying a navigation map. Many will buy the Navigation chart and get the two licences (Nav and bathy) so they have more options, even when in US waters. Some areas have CMOR, purchase HO charts and C-map options. Everything is area depend, even with the new TZ Maps for XL.

C-map Bathy line chart example, changes based on range.
View attachment 5151
Johnny, I would love to see that level of bathometry for my charts here in the Chesapeake Bay and tributaries on my TZT3's and willing to pay for it. It just doesn't exist to my knowledge in the MM3 formats, but does on competitors products. This has just about been my only frustration with the TZT3 ecosystem

As Johnny says, there are many good options for TZT3 but many have locked their minds only on the free included data. CMap does offer the Chesapeake Bay as part of the East coast MM3-FNA-022 for $100 list or free when MM3-VNA-022 is purchased. Here is a screenshot from my machine in the bay. (Shot of fishing bathy only not the C-map Nav data)

1709059657203.png

Sparky Wire,

I have the MM3-FNA-022 charts and paid the $100 for them. Honestly, I find them to be trash compared to other chart options on other devices(my opinion that not everyone will agree with). The bathymetry on that chart set is great when you start running offshore, but is extremely lacking in the bay. I run my DFF3D everywhere I go, but the mostly shallow depth on average in the bay means a lot of fuel to build my own high-resolution charts.

I'm just questioning because your maps are dense and very detailed. There are discourses such as Tzt3's cpu power is not enough because it has a low-core cpu.
1- Are the maps we scan with dff3d more dense or the maps presented with XL?
2- If the maps we scanned with dff3d are more dense, if they work in tzt3, could it be a marketing strategy that the new maps do not work?
3- While other brands' cpus 3 generations ago can run new maps. Could it be a software problem that Furuno's devices from 1 generation ago do not work?

Back