711C - SABIKI MODE RUDDER FEEDBACK ERROR

Septimus

Furuno Fan
Hi,

I've recently upgraded from a 711 to a 711C, mainly for Sabiki Mode.
On the last couple of trips out, I keep getting a large number of "Rudder Feedback Error" messages when Sabiki Mode is active.
Also, it seems to be struggling keeping the stern pointed in the desired direction, to the point where I eventually change over to manual operation out of frustration.
I have noted that there is a Rudder Drive Level menu option available, but, I have not changed this from the default.
Sea conditions were virtually calm (with a slight breeze) on both days, and I am running twin 175 Suzukis. I always centre the rudder before activating Sabiki mode.
Is there anything that I may be doing incorrectly, or any adjustments to the RDL setting, that could help?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I would first ensure you have updated your pilot and display software to the newest. Check with tech support because what is currently on the website isn't the newest. After the units are updated, I would redo the setup. If you have a problem with your RRU, you can always setup the pilot as virtual RRU and still use Sabiki.