6112 RRU install questions

danderer

Furuno Fan
I'm installing a 700c with 6112 RRU.

Looking in section 1.3 of the install manual I've got 2 questions.

1. Installing the RRU with a Y2 distance of 13.8" will require major work. I can readily install it with a Y2 of about 9". If the remaining geometry is correct (centered on the shaft and with the arms parallel), if there is adequate clearance when the rudder is hard-over in both directions, is it a problem installing the RRU at 9"?

2. The RRU has a series of holes in the arm - 80mm, 90mm, etc. Does it matter which one I use? I assume I just use the one that maintains the proper geometry.

Thanks.

1. Installing the RRU with a Y2 distance of 13.8" will require major work. I can readily install it with a Y2 of about 9". If the remaining geometry is correct (centered on the shaft and with the arms parallel), if there is adequate clearance when the rudder is hard-over in both directions, is it a problem installing the RRU at 9"?
Should be no problem.

2. The RRU has a series of holes in the arm - 80mm, 90mm, etc. Does it matter which one I use? I assume I just use the one that maintains the proper geometry.
Yes to maintain the Geometry. Ideally you get the best movement resolution the further you are out from the hub.

Back