2008 VX2 RDP-149, 4ft open array radar shuts down

vaflytyer

New to this forum lots of good info here. I searched and found a thread concerning the issue I have but not the resolution. In a nutshell when my radar starts to transmit the array will make about a 3/4 turn and the entire system turns off, every time. I've checked power, connections etc. but can't seem to figure the issue out. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for letting me join this forum.

Sounds like either you have power supply unit problem like a PSU05 or PSU008 that sits between the radar and the display; or the modulator board has blown FETs that are shorted so as soon as transmit trigger goes up the Modulator shorts and the display feels it and turns off to protect itself.

Sounds like either you have power supply unit problem like a PSU05 or PSU008 that sits between the radar and the display; or the modulator board has blown FETs that are shorted so as soon as transmit trigger goes up the Modulator shorts and the display feels it and turns off to protect itself.
Thanks for the reply, I've talked to a couple of technicians but they didn't have a way to bench test the display. Is there a way to visually inspect the modulator board or power supply to narrow it down. Thanks again for the input.

Back